Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: New Incoming Teachers

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

New Incoming Teachers

One thing that I cannot forget is that being a foreigner in Korea means living with the "revolving door" of people coming and going. Sarah, Jen, April, Ashley.... have all left or are leaving soon. And this is something that I will need to get used to. It's weird - I've been here for just over 4 months now - time flies, doesn't it?

Yesterday, I got to meet the 49 "newbies" who have just been hired by Canadian Connection and who will all be teaching in a few days. I gave a lecture/presentation about how to teach and I think it went well. It was tough though: My presentation was the very last one- for the week!

Thanks to Steve, Stu, Vanessa, Carol and Roberta for sitting in the back (they had come to either present on the same day, or just look at the newbies) and providing moral support.

10 Comments:

  • 49 is a big number.

    Did they throw any tomatoes?

    By Blogger Brent, at 6:22 PM  

  • No - but I announced to the folks in Mokpo to keep an eye out for Brent and Stephanie!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:51 PM  

  • Who cares how the presentation went? How did you look? What shoes did you end up wearing? I'm going to call MY Tuesday morning. Will Madam be home to callers?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  

  • I wore a different outfit (beige Gap mini-skirt with Indian blouse bought in Malaysia and tan leather, wooden-soled platform sandal, then changed into my white-on-white striped H&M blouse, and black Tristan&America skirt for my presentation.

    Wore my expensive black Kenzie high heel shoe from Montreal.

    One downside was the hair - sun, salt water and chlorine (as well as lack of trim) have taken their toll. Had to wear it pulled back. Had no barrette, so used a blue pen and a red pen to twist into a bun.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 10:56 PM  

  • Oh, and I will not be home Monday night. I'm going to my very first Tae Kwon Do class.

    Wonder if I will have to break boards with my head on my first day.

    Wonder if breaking boards with head results in splinters stuck in rat's nest of hair.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 10:57 PM  

  • Newbies...
    I went, I saw... I was quite impressed. There were some nice folks there.
    :)

    By Blogger Goulash, at 8:20 AM  

  • Hi Its MOM send me a shopping list so I can go to Shoppers Drug Mart Seniors Day before I pack - it sounds like you need 'PRODUCT' in your hair!!! Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 AM  

  • mock offense/

    I don't like that I've gone from the top of your "Friends in Korea" list to the bottom of your "Friends in Canada" list...

    /mock offence

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 1:24 PM  

  • Ha ha.... just cause I was cut and pasting and you of all people should know what the HTML screen on blogger looks like!

    p.s. told everyone at presentation to get blogs.

    p.p.s. Miss you

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 11:02 PM  

  • hah... and I was posting that half-awake and so I spelled offence/offense both ways. Fun! I'm still jetlagged... *d'oh*

    Miss you too

    By Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel, at 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home