Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Doctors and Vets

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Doctors and Vets

Well, after hacking up what was left of my inner organs this morning, I decided to bite the bullet and visit a doctor. Now, for everyone in Canada who has ever called a doctor when sick, made an appointment for 17 years in the future, then paid $870 for antibiotics... here's how it happens in Korea: Arrive at doctor's office, see doctor within 3 minutes of arriving, answer health questions, get prescription, pay for consultation ($3) and meds ($1.50).

The meds I got were all brightly coloured and pretty. I have to take 15 pills a day (not exaggerating). That works out to.... about $0.05 a pill! Now, the fact that I have no idea what any of the pretty pink and green and peach and yellow pills do, or what they are, is certainly no cause for concern because guess what? I feel way better!

In other news, I took Jakob to the vet's for his first vaccines. And it cost.... 10 times as much for him as it did for me ($47-ouch). Oh, and the vet is a total hottie. And, in true Korean style, Jakob even got service-uh (a free can of cat food).

p.s. Just came home from Tae Kwon Do. I can roundhouse kick!

6 Comments:

  • Love that a gory description of how sick you are is followed by the comment 'i just came home from TKD'...

    on behalf of mothers all over the world...Virginia, that is such irresponsible behavior.

    Keep this up and I'll tell your co-teacher on you:)

    get into bed...get better; these are your orders.

    and get yourself a pirate name for this weekend:)

    love Cap'n Carmen Firepants

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

  • Congratulations on being able to do a roundhouse kick. It begs the question, "How high? Did you fall over afterwards?" Tell the truth...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 PM  

  • My pirate name is Cheatin' Dora Jones.

    In case anyone cares about *why* I need a pirate name, it's because I'm going on a cruise around some islands or something something this weekend.

    And I *couldn't* miss TKD for something as wussy as a sniffle or two.

    I can always miss school.

    No - did not fall over! Geez, what kinda klutz do you think I am? Oh, well, yes, have been known to stumble and fall and trip and knock things over....

    In other news, have painted toenails bright pink and pasted little flower decals (if it's cute to the point of tacky, you can buy it in Korea) on them. Hopefully, I won't chip my polish while practicing kicks.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 10:40 PM  

  • Hi Its MOM Do you ever work? teach? do housework? dust? YOI
    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 AM  

  • Teach: Yes, every day am at school from 9 - 5

    Do housework: Ummm...well. But seriously, have to keep apt fairly clean or risk getting roaches.

    Dust: What is this "dust" of which you speak?

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:42 AM  

  • So when's the youtube vid gonna be up of your roundhouse kicks, fist punches, and bare knuckle board breakin'?

    :)

    Capt'n Cutty Cutter,
    Cruellest cur of the coasts and crests on the seven seas... AARRRH!

    By Blogger Goulash, at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home