Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Update

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Update

So, I've done some more planning, with Do Hyun and his brother (whose name I never remember)... It was really encouraging. We looked at maps online and the maps that I had and have come up with this as a route. For the most part, I will be following 2-lane country roads that go along the 4-lane National Road 2. The entire distance is roughly 150 km (from Shidae apartments to the Mokpo Bus Terminal), and I should be able to do it in way less than 5 hours, but I still want to give myself ample time to do it and explore etc. I did the first leg of the trip last Sunday afternoon, and it is hardly like going through outer Mongolia. Anyway, here's the route:

Suncheon
Nagan
Beolgyo
Joseong
Yedang
Boseong
Jangdong
Jangheung
Gangjin
Seongcheon
Dokcheon
Mokpo

And, I have phone numbers and contact names of bike shops at two different points along the route. The only thing that will change anything now is the weather. It's supposed to rain on Saturday, which may cause the whole trip to be postponed.

6 Comments:

  • right on sista!!
    I would've been disappointed if you had bailed :P

    I have supreme faith in you and the Red Devil!!

    Fighting!

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 9:00 AM  

  • 6 hours! I just heard a story about a guy from Newfoundland who rode his motorcycle from the Atlantic to Thunder Bay, and he turned around and went back through Ontario to St. Catharines to say "Hello" to a friend, drop off some "personal vegetables" and then he headed back up all the way to British Columbia. Everyone at the Mansion was astonished. However, everyone I know who's ever lived north of Barrie says: "Yeah? And?!?"
    Here I thought you were embarking on some arduous journey through mosquito infested swamps and sewer rats on a trip that would last a week!! I TAKE BACK MY EARLIER VOTE! And I'm (underline)replacing(end underline) it with another: Go for it! Show 'em what Canadians are made of!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

  • Hi Its MOM OK, OK - Go for it as long as you stay on the side roads. I did that trip with you by bus & must admit its not like our QEW at all, so good luck. Write to us as soon as you get there.
    Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 PM  

  • Thanks!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:33 AM  

  • I think I've found where you're going in my atlas. Along the South Coast? Sunch'on to Changhung towards Kwangju but left towards Mokp'o? Lots of islands on the Huang Hai. Looks garjus!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:33 AM  

  • YES!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home