Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Lest I Forget - Part 1

Ms Parker in Korea!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Lest I Forget - Part 1

If you don't care about my students, you might as well just skip this post all together. It's my way of remembering the kids I've taught over the past year. Note that most of the nicknames were invented by Melissa and I as a way of keeping track of the students and (except for certain kids) nobody else is aware of them.

This is group 2-1. The kid with his hand over my head is "Monkey", right behind me in the tie is "Handsome Doctor", between them is the new kid with a great accent.

This is group 2-8. Far left side is "Helllooo" and the guy in the blue jacket is "Hi, Hello, Anyong".

A few of my girls from 2-8 - guess which one is me. Notice the "Girl with the bad hair" who used to hate me, but now she likes me.
Min Ji and Su Bin. Su Bin cleans my language lab. Both are in class 1-5.
Grade 1 girls. The girl in the middle is Ye Bin. She loaned me a copy of "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" and speaks better English than I do.

The kid on the left is the sweetest student I've ever met, and really good in English too. The guy on the right is dating "Sailor Moon".
This is "My Boyfriend". He just had 7 metal staples taken out of his scalp because he fell off the back of a motorcycle last week.
This kid was cleaning the bathroom during my class - was probably caught smoking. Bad Hair and Small Face got him and dragged him over to take a picture. During the winter, he hangs out with his friends who sell "go gu ma" (baked sweet potato) on the streets.

The kid on the left is "Bad Boy" - which is also the limit of his English. He points to himself and says "Me Bad Boy". He always sits at the back and comes in handy when I need the lights turned off ("Bad Boy, please turn off the lights"). The guy on the right has a large-ish nose and is considered quite handsome by the ladies.
The girl on the left was in one of my supplementary classes. The most she got out of it was to say "Okay" instead of "Finethankyouandyou" when asked "How are you today?". She's in Grade 3 now.

The girl on the right sometimes rides the bus with me.
"Chingu" will stand at the end of the hall and scream "BAGINIA!" when he sees me. He was in my group 2-2 last year, which was the WORST GROUP EVER... like, in my life. Once Chingu (it means "friend" in Korean) started liking me, things got slightly better.
Handsome Grade 3 students. The guy on the right is better in English than he cares to admit. The guy in the middle is a good kid. These three guys together disprove the ridiculous myth that all Koreans look the same.

3 Comments:

  • All Koreans (young males)don't look the same, but they all have my little brother's thick eyebrows. When you come home I'll show you a picture of him hanging off the 30th story of an unfinished office building in Calgary.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 PM  

  • I like "bad boy"'s style. You go bad boy!

    It's nice that you will remember your kids! Even if they are little monsters!

    By Blogger Brent, at 1:54 PM  

  • Do they all look way too close to our age just becasuse they're wearing suits? Or am I in complete denial to our age?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home