Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Junk Food and Cherry Blossoms

Ms Parker in Korea!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Junk Food and Cherry Blossoms






About eleven months ago, during our orientation week, we went to a temple outside of Gwangju. At that time, Nicola and I broke away from the rest of the gang and ran up a hiking trail until we found a temple building on a hillside, with a shrine in a cave just past it. Well, that's where Stu, Steve M. and I went today.

It was quite special for me because my original trip up that hill had been my first "Oh my god. I am in Korea!" moment. I felt like I was starting a fabulous adventure. I had no idea what the next year would bring me, or even if I would be able to stick it out. See original post here.

This weekend was a bit of a reunion for most of the people in our original orientation group. On Friday, I hung out with Stu, Nicola, Max, Brent, Stephanie and Steve O. On Saturday, we lost a few, but gained Steve M. Our Friday night was a tad excessive, meaning that Saturday was decidedly low-key. The weather didn't really help, as it was grey and rainy all weekend, prompting me to eat my own weight in junk food (Outback, Italian food, TGIFridays, Popeye's Chicken and no less than 3 visits to Starbucks). Photographic evidence of the fun and games from Friday and Saturday can be found here, on Stu's Flickr page.

It's officially springtime here. There are flowers blooming everywhere, and the cherry blossoms are just bursting out. It really is the most gorgeous season.

Only three weeks left...

(Meron - this is the picture)

5 Comments:

  • IT's so weird to hear of all the mainstreatm restaurnats, then to see the exotic pics. Glad the weather got better for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 AM  

  • Aha. It is so pretty I almost see stars.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 AM  

  • TGIFridays? We don't even have one of those...I wonder what most Koreans think the TGI part is for.

    I am just crusing your blog to see when you are back in "A place to learn, A place to grow, Ontari-ari-ari-o!"

    Happy April!

    Tiffany

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

  • Whoops...spelled cruising wrong...10 marks off.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

  • 22 days to go ........yipppeeeeee!!!!!

    xoxo

    el prego

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home