Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Good News!

Ms Parker in Korea!

Friday, February 01, 2008

Good News!

Last night, I realized that I hadn't checked my mailbox in a while (like, since I'd been back, really). Imagine my surprise when I discovered two copies of the March 2008 edition of Cat Fancy magazine, with a headline above the title that said, "South Korea's Cats: Plight and Progress".

Yes! With this article on cats in Korea, I am officially an internationally published freelance writer! It's pretty much a dream come true, and so amazing to see my name in print like that. I'm really hoping that this won't be the last time that I have something published.... you know, elsewhere than the blog.

Tomorrow, Ty and I leave for Cambodia. I will be back on Friday, but he will stay there until the 17th. The only place I'll really see while I'm there is Angkor Wat, and I am really psyched. Ty has already arranged for us to take a hot-air balloon ride over Angkor to watch the sunrise on our second day there - it was supposed to be a surprise, but he couldn't wait to tell me.


It's also quite fun to be preparing for a trip with someone else (although the apartment looks a bit like a crazy bomb just went off, since we're both trying to pack our bags at - what else - the last possible minute), getting ready to share what will surely be an unforgettable experience.

p.s. pink camera is packed and ready to take loads of shots of the temples of Angkor.

5 Comments:

  • even though the whole world is shut down - schools aand businesses are all closed - because of freezing rain, I'm going out to buy myself a copy of cat fancy magazine because the excerpt at http://www.catchannel.com/Magazines/CatFancy/march-2008/changing-perceptions.aspx

    is just a teaser paragraph

    although it does have your name in the byline so I guess you are now officially a published author. Too bad mom beat you to it with her story about her grandmothers underwear

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 AM  

  • Congratulations, oh-published-one! That's amazing.

    (Of course, if it were an article in "Guinea Pigs Monthly" I'd be more impressed, but still pretty cool!)

    By Blogger Char, at 4:14 AM  

  • Very cool! I used to get Cat Fancy, years ago.

    I was talking to a Korean lady (in Korea) once who told me that she was afraid of cats, and she said, "A strange noise comes out of their stomachs."

    By Blogger Helena, at 12:24 PM  

  • Hi Its MOM OK you cat expert, I'm back from Abu Dhabi only to find that your 18 yr old cat Max is STILL alive !!!! I'm taking good care of her, not to worry. Enjoy your trips knowing that she is in good hands. MEOW LOVE MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 PM  

  • I am rushing to buy a copy!!!! soon you will be writing your own best selling novel like Eat Pray Love
    have fun in the hot air ballon
    Katrina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home