Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Too many shoes?

Ms Parker in Korea!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Too many shoes?


So, my mom sent me an e-mail complaining about tons of pictures of shoes and no pictures of Korea.

Okay, but do you realize just how many shoe stores there are here????

I have added more photos to Flickr. A few taken from the bus window on my way from Wando to Suncheon on May 5, and a few from that hike up Jirisan mountain. Keep in mind that I am the world's worst photographer.

Tomorrow, I go to Gurye with the bank manager who helped me exchange money when I first arrived -- check blog archives -- and his wife and 2 kids. It should be a lot of fun. I mean, when would this happen in Canada? And, I will take lots of pictures of things other than shoes.

I also want to take my camera to school to get pics of the kids. They are just awesome.

And.... if you don't leave a comment when you visit, I will cry because you made me sad. Thank you to Kat, Kelly, April, Nicola and my Mom for always leaving me comments. And, the worst part is that April and Nicola have known me for less than 6 weeks AND they live in Korea AND April sees me everyday.

Do you feel guilty now?

(p.s. pic is of Nicola's shoes)

8 Comments:

  • Hi ira Mom OK thanks for the scenerey, now I know you are in Korea & not holed up in some mall trying on shoes while drinking Starbucks, looking for facemask machines. whew! Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 PM  

  • oops thats supposed to say Its Mom, not 'Ira' I still have sleep in my eyes Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 PM  

  • You don't pay me enough to comment every day. I read it daily. That is all you're going to get. What else do you want? Whomever said that I wasn't a crappy friend?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 PM  

  • I check it almost daily too! From the very Paramount computer that you used to see every day!

    Isn't that crazy? you in Korea, us here at Paramount, reading about you in Korea... okay, I'm trailing off, there's no AC here and we're dying of heat.

    I insist on more shoe-posts. Because I love shoes....and they lure me to finish my goddam endless degree and go there to buy shoes. And teach. But mostly to buy shoes.

    Cheeries!
    Natalia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 PM  

  • i love the shoes too. did i mention my new closet will hold 15-20 pairs without stacking? i'm probably going to throw some out, thus creating space, ensuring my visit to korea to see you/buy more shoes. it's a good thing.

    yesterday there was a fire in strega's building. the power surges we experienced were due to a transformer blowing up down the street, some businesses lost power but in our case the elevator motor overheated and started a fire. i could hear the alarm from home. nobody was hurt, damage was minor, jack and edwin nearly had to carry a largee woman down the stairs in her wheelchair with her ferrel cat attached to one of their faces (imagine the potential front page pic). luckily FIVE FIRETRUCKS showed up full of better men for the job than them. so we sat on the patio with the tenants and customers, moosehead in hand and watched the show. sometimes i really wish you were here.

    today is day 2 of laying around the apartment in a bikini sticking to everything. how hot does it get there? do they have alot of humidity?

    looking forward to pic of the kids! kel:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 AM  

  • Yay! Comments.

    Yes, come here and buy shoes.....

    I would have flown home at a moment's notice to see 5 firetrucks full of men fighting fires....

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 9:05 AM  

  • Nice shoes... I was excited thinking you'd found shoes in Korea. Oh well.

    On another note, I actually called the Korean consulate gerneal this week... trying to get some loot for a "diversity" event we're having at work (I was volunteered to help out). Nice people, but won't give us anything but a couple of maps...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 PM  

  • Awww... glad I can write too many messages in your blog...well you know how much time I've got on my hands now don't you? Hehe... Don't worry about all the shoes... It will become more of an addiction, believe me... I think you've seen my mini closet full of shoes; luckily Nicola took some off my hands so I have more room for the new ones I buy :) ie. The new "Hooker Red" ones I got in Busan :)

    I'm just glad you can find your size here too :) Just wait till the fall for the cute boots... you'll be drooling.

    April :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home