Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: Because Korea is fun, that's why....

Ms Parker in Korea!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Because Korea is fun, that's why....

So, I met up with Lana for a last blast shop around Suncheon. We meant to buy makeup, cat food and traditional baby back carriers (Hey Kelly, guess what you're going to unwrap at your baby shower....). Instead we... well... mimed our pizza toppings to our waitress for 5 minutes, played with/bought makeup, and had funny pictures taken. We also wandered around looking for baby back carriers, honestly we did! And we just couldn't find any....

Here are some pictures... Lana in the makeup shop with our 4 sales assistants. They spent most of their time laughing at us. The entire shop is about the size of your front hall closet, is ridiculously overstaffed and would be a germaphobe's nightmare since you can test just about EVERYTHING on your own face, mouth, whatever. I walked out looking like Barbie with aqua blue eyeshadow. Lana rocked some gold sparkles and super long mascara. Considering that our makeup consultants were wearing white, pink, green and blue powders on various bits of their faces, we really didn't look half bad.

So, then we went to one of those photobooth places (if you've never been in Korea, you'll just have to take my word for how much fun it is) and posed as "Happy", "Angry", "Sexy" and "Cutie" - see if you can figure out which one is which. I feel that this is completely normal behaviour for two 30-something women, by the way. We were assisted by the photostore owner, who wants to put our pictures out front of his shop, and three high school boys who helped us scan and e-mail the pictures so that we could post them on our blogs.

I am such an ESL teacher - gotta mime EVERYTHING with my hands too!

Finally, for those of you who aren't tired of random pictures of my students....

This guy is friends with Do Hyun, my hot scooter mechanic. We've bonded over bikes.

Class 2-6 strikes a pose. Ten seconds later, all the boys on the right fell over. The guy with the reddish hair in the far right is the fabulous Mr Moon - aka Blue Moon aka Casanova. This was one of my favourite groups.

Ga-young was at the summer camp last August. One of the only students whose name I know for sure (and often use in class).

My boys of 2-6, hiding behind their textbooks.

5 Comments:

  • nice photos ... don't be sad about not finding baby back sling thingys, we got them here - they say the front ones are better for development anyway ...

    1 week and counting!

    k

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 AM  

  • Are you bringing home that white button down "teacher" shirt from the pictures above? May I borrow it? It looks purty. Why are you not answering the phone?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 AM  

  • Yes, I stole that shirt from Helen and it's now my favourite shirt. Might not make it all the way to Canada, since I'll probably leave it in Mokpo on the way.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:33 AM  

  • I love the "hiding face from camera" move. I didn't understand it until I got here and someone was taking your picture every couple of minutes.

    PS - They left the school's intercom on by accident and it sounds like the kindergartens broke in and are playing in there! Broadcasted joy! Awesome!

    By Blogger Brent, at 10:42 AM  

  • I am...

    without a phone
    without internet
    homeless
    unemployed
    and
    an illegal alien.

    ... see you soon!!

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home