Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking
Ms Parker in Korea!: My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Ms Parker in Korea!

Monday, April 16, 2007

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

So, on Friday, there was a big party in Suncheon to say goodbye to the dozen or so teachers who are leaving here permanently. A good time was had by all, even if our memories were a bit spotty the next day.

It probably won't hit me until I get to Canada that the same "old guard" won't be here anymore.

In other news, I'm starting to hammer out dates to see people once I do get to Canada. Taking a lesson from my new backpacking experiences, I've decided that a few hours on a plush Canadian train or bus is nothing compared to 7 hours of bone shaking dustiness on a bus from Bikaner to Jaisalmer with most of the population of India sitting on the roof. I'll attempt to put in a few longer visits in Toronto, Montreal, and Quebec, instead of using the excuse that they are "too far".

At this point, however, my boxes and bags are packed and I'm pretty much ready to roll... just got a few days of school to get through (i.e. games and movies...) and then a few days of bouncing between Suncheon, Mokpo, Gwangju and Seoul before I do a marathon Korea-Japan-USA-Canada trip home.

Oh, and can someone in Canada PLEASE record the new episode of Heroes for me? I've been watching it online in Korea and really need to know what will happen next.

6 Comments:

  • It just hit me... I flew to Korea on April 16, 2006.

    It's been a full year.

    By Blogger Ms Parker, at 7:26 PM  

  • I'll record Heroes for you. I'm already recording it for Dave. (he's going to be in Nashville for the week on business) So. The 26th my house is empty...except for Molly and Jacques. Would you like to recover from Jet-lag in N.F.O or do you want to swan around your mother's apartment?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

  • 9 more days, oh ya, 9 more days .... i'm so excited !!!!!

    i need you to come over and entertain me as i do my jabba the hut impression. sooooo fat. like beached whale. so tired of workin ...

    k

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 AM  

  • I'm so totally addicted to Heroes!
    So good!

    By Blogger Brent, at 10:45 AM  

  • If you take Canadian Airline's you're gonna laugh at how rude the flight attendant's are...Union workers who hate their jobs, get em in get em out, next....your manners will have noticably improved and you won't even know it till you get there...welcome home...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 PM  

  • Hi Its MOM Nina' comment is so true, (PS Hi Nina). When flying to LAX I couldn't believe how frumpy the stewardesses were & then when I got on the flight from LAX to Seoul I thought I was being taken care of by six of the "world's top models' who were advertising toothpaste, gorgeous girls who didn't stop smiling & kept offering me juice & drinks. Like who wants to drink so much anyways when they are wedged into the window seat for 12 hours while their seat mates slept? Have a nice flight - it was 34 hrs from my door to yours so you will be VERY weary when you get here. Love MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home